We encourage those who are not able to audition in person to send a recorded audition. This is commonly done where the candidates may be widely scattered geographically, such as is the case in New Brunswick. If so, please consider a recorded audition, more about which is outlined below.
For a recorded audition, you must send directly to Orchestra Manager Anne Davison (email@example.com), in electronic form, by post or by courier service, the following items:
* a CD or MP3 file containing your performance of your prepared piece(s) (unaccompanied)
* the $20 audition fee (cheque or money order – please do not send cash)
* a completed audition form and CV (if applicable) (hard copy or PDF file);
* a legible photocopy or PDF file of the sheet music of your prepared piece, and
* a note from your music teacher attesting to the authenticity of your recorded audition, and his/her evaluation of your ability to sight-read. Please also include your teacher’s contact information. This can also be a PDF file or in an email.
All the audition material is to be received by the Orchestra Manager (Anne Davison) as soon as possible and no later than May 31, and becomes the property of NBYO. Note that a large (over 2 MB) computer file should not be sent by email but instead should be uploaded to the following website: http://www.transferbigfiles.com/ or a similar site. The Orchestra Manager is then notified by email (you must include the email address firstname.lastname@example.org in the upload process), and she can then access your files.
Further information about the NBYO and its programmes may be seen on our website, or obtained from:
(506) 872-2973 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (506) 872-2973 end_of_the_skype_highlighting; email@example.com